At Complas Packaging Limited we have a full range of bulk storage option available to our customers.
- Intermediate Bulk Containers (IBC)
They are generally cubic in form and therefore can transport more material in the same area than cylindrically shaped containers and far more than might be shipped in the same space if packaged in consumer quantities. They rely on plastic liners that can be filled and discharged with a variety of systems. IBCs come with a choice of pallet types: plastic, metal or wood.
We offer three types of IBCs:
- Reconditioned, which are washed.
- Remanufactured, where the old liner is removed and a new one installed.
- New, with metal plastic and wood pallet options.
- Plastic L-Ring drums. These UN approved, on-piece, blow-moulded plastic drums. Drums available from 30ltr to 220ltr.
- Plastic Open-Top or O-Top drums. These drums have been successfully tested and certified in accordance with U.N. recommendations for the safe carriage of Dangerous Goods for Group II substances or higher.
A jerrycan is a robust fuel container originally made from pressed steel. It was designed in Germany in the 1930s for military use to hold 20 litres of fuel. The development of the Jerrycan was a huge improvement on earlier designs, which required tools and funnels to use.
Today similar designs are used for fuel and water containers, some of which are also produced in plastic. The designs usually emulate the original steel design and are still known as jerrycans, although they have also been called “jerryjugs” (or “jerry jugs”, just as jerrycan is sometimes spelled as two words as well). Generally their use is denoted by the coloring, and occasionally, imprinted labeling on the container itself. This is to prevent the mixture of different fuels, as well as preventing water containers from being contaminated with fuel or vice versa.